Saturday, February 15, 2014

Turn the Page -- Once again.

To the girl with long curly locks of hair, we have but a few precious moments in time, before you disappear in the back window, waving goodbye. I cant express in accurate words, how much being with you this summer has meant to me. A summer that seemed to have ended way too soon.

Your daddy loves you, so very much. Soon you will be so far away. You asked if you could come again next summer, to the beach here on the Texas sunny south side. Honey I said you were always welcome here, but I told a partial lie. I  have no idea where I will be tomorrow, less next year, but how do you say that, and not sound like a gypsy soul.

There are so many things that have happened, out of my control. My life is upside down, I've done all I can to shield you from my pain. The truth is, I move forward now, not knowing if I'll ever see anyone again. It's become the only way I've learned how to survive. There will come a day, perhaps, I will find the me I always wanted to be. I look in the mirror and what I see is the wall in back, but nothing that looks like me.

I'm so filled with misery and pain, from which I don't know how to let go. You were stolen from me, your childhood years, of which has caused me years of tears. I hope someday, I'll get that chance to tell you the story of a man who chased his children, tried to reclaim his wife, and lost everything, and cling onto life. The reason I still breath, is that I could not do to you, what I so much want to do to myself.

Love you

Daddy

No comments:

Post a Comment