Thursday, November 19, 2015

All Work And No Play

Isn't it interesting, one mans work looks as if they are just playing. I was thinking the other night, with the change in my ability to do the IT work I used to be at the top of the ladder doing, I was a drone with a dream. It took becoming disabled in order that I might do what I love. It's a painful trade, both mentally and physically but Im amazed how much happier I am overall. I am the most comfortable in my own skin that I've been since I can remember. I think that outfitted with the basics of technology, two pelican cases and a backpack, I might even do just fine living on the street.

I have become hypersensitive when it comes to my surroundings, it has both positive and negative implications. An example is for example everyday noise. I can hear things I never could before but loud noises scare the hell out of me. When it comes to the abstract, for some reason I can see sounds more vividly. I have a red light over my desk, it's both soothing because when I look away, I can see perfectly as it doest obstruct my night vision. When I look at fine art, I see it now with a laser precision, able to view things now I could never pick out. My writing has become very flavorful as I can now smell and taste the words where before I could only imagine what they looked like.

I've really enjoyed moving my daily words from the wild west of facebook and dealing with a void of  any real conversations, here I can be all about me and not worry about anything else, like what other people think, I can just be creative. The world is my canvas onto which I can paint what ever comes to mind, in pictures or words, links to things I've viewed or pictures taken. I can eliminate any comments I dont feel like I want in my world. I have granular control how everyone is placed. I dont care if anyone reads or views anything, it's my world. Really pompous, but the truth is, wasn't that all social media is? The exception is everyone waits around for, expects and gets upset if no one, "Likes," my content. Here; who cares! The longer it sits around, the better. Thanks to search engine distribution, the more I add and links I put, the more labels added, the hight I reach when someone searches for something pertaining to any number of my rambles. Its even more exciting that blogger is owned and run by Google, all the more likely I get crawled. It's not link they dont give preference to their own blog space. Just today, I got traffic from the most bizarre places in the world. That's right, who is uncrowded and "Nation Wide," now bitches.

I will stop stroking my own ego now and get back to focusing on writing in this blog about daily reflections an on others, more specialized. The newest blog, The Glass Eye http://www.theglasseye.net is the latest undertaking, it will have personal photos and videos. It will also have links to other news and artistic worthy posts. This page will continue to contain daily rants and descriptives of what I am up to or thinking in particular, focusing more on the printed word than visual. Then there is my page dedicated more or less to my personal spiritual believes. It's easier if I compartmentalize these thoughts, avoiding one persona in falling headfirst into another.

Enjoy, who ever stumbles upon this, no matter it will be a place I can turn back and scratch my head and say, "What the heck was I talking about." It will also serve perhaps as an archive that my kids, who have long abandoned me, might come back to or stumble upon and learn who their father was and again pass judgment or perhaps read and say, "Um well he was different, but he wasn't a bad guy. They might even come to learn something about me.

Robert, Katherine, Sarah, I love you and always will. No matter if you read this or you dont, it doest really matter. It's just been a good place for me to deal with all these feeling that have no place to go, but they need to go somewhere. Here they go, out into the ether (look it up.)

FLASH

Ok thats it for now ...



No comments:

Post a Comment