Friday, September 9, 2011

God Speaks Through Other People

I had almost completed a blog post for the day, when suddenly, the topic rightfully changed from one of wallowing pity, to that of faith and hope.

I am my own worse critic, especially when it's a radical life changing event. I questioned my decision in driving out here to Texas, try and find work, and be a part of my children's daily lives. Maybe this was not the right time. Is this God's will for me? Maybe I wasn't quiet enough when I though God was speaking. I should be living my life. I've proved my point already. Urban camping is just too hard. Maybe I'm crazy. I received a note, from a friend today, and this is what it said:

"I was thinking about our conversation the other night, I think this is the time in your life that you are supposed to have faith in what you are doing is right. Remember it's on God schedule not yours...and when it seems that you are going to break, he will bring you through this somehow some way....I am praying for you."

Knowing what went into "Our Conversation the other night", understanding where this person was coming from, I can only say, this was totally God speaking through other people. It's reaffirming when someone gives advice that is totally selfless, with love. A message that cuts through all the noise, and gets right down to good honest Godly direction.






No comments:

Post a Comment