Saturday, September 17, 2011

Going It Alone - Isn't so bad

When I describe myself, I often give the analogy that I'm "Alone in a crowd." I have never felt as if I belonged, always uncomfortable in my own skin. This however is the part of my life, where I really am, for the most part, alone. Within a days driving, I have no one I've called "Friend". This is hostel territory is behind enemy lines. The only adults I know, despise me. I've done a pretty good job flying below the radar over the last 20 years. I've not been the target of anyone's hate. it's only now that I realize, there are people here who now love to hate me. The same people who said, "I will never leave you" and "No matter what happens, we will always love you". The interesting thing is, that I've been sufficiently beaten down, that I don't care. I realize for what might be the first time, I'm better than that. I deserve to be treated better, and I am not going back to the days of being a victim. When it comes to life today, If I allow someone to treat me poorly, then I am a volunteer.

No comments:

Post a Comment