Saturday, September 3, 2011

Big Boy Pants

I've spent the good part of my life, acting like a little boy. I was selfish and self-centered. I allowed fear to control my every decision, to drive my procrastination. I wanted everyone to like me, and thus, cared what other people thought about me. I had a hole in my soul, that only things like alcohol seemed to temporarily fill. I gravitated to abusive relationships and shallow friends, who were not really interested in me, but for what was in "It" for them. I lived a life as a phony. I demanded from God, what I wanted, and was thankless for the things I was given, things I needed. I was a selfish Prick.

Today, I am living out the consequences, I am reaping what I sowed. I would not however, trade my life today, for the one in my past, if I the requirement necessary, is returning to who I once was.

Now, when I say that I'm going to do something, you can count on me showing up. When I wake up in the morning, I am grateful for the new day and for what God has given me, what I need in glorifying him. I no longer want anyone to take care of me, rather I strive in trying help others in finding a this new way of life. I put on my Big Boy Pants, and today I can handle anything Life put's in my path, with gratitude.

1 comment: