Tuesday, November 27, 2012

No Man Is and Island

The island is quiet tonight, summer tourists long gone. A cool breeze sneaks through this light coat. Dolphins ply the bay. A perfect moon hangs above the endless Gulf at the end of this fall day. 

I once dreamed of living on an Island, and now I do. Careful for what you ask, because you might just get it. An Island can be a very lonely place. It's getting harder to stay every day.

I will remember the cast of characters that I will leave behind, for a start, here are two.

Edward - Lives in a tent, tucked away in the bushes by design. He believes he is a warlock. His "God Job," is to kill outlaw bikers in their dream. He speaks of Gods and Goddesses, spell casting in the wee hours of the night. He rambles colorful words painted on a jet black future. He has nothing, but at least he is free.

Robert - He is haunted by the demon of inward obsession and what other people think. He full of advice, yet angers at a correction. Institutionalized in a simple yet never ending maze of self help. I never know if I'll run into the happy Robert of he who is full of rage.

I am though the biggest character of all, yet I doubt many could describe. I let very few inside.

I offer up Gratitude to the only one who never disappoints, I'll lean over and turn out the light.

Good Night.

No comments:

Post a Comment